Guys. I love movies. I love movie trailers. I love movie posters. I love movie reviews. And I really love summer blockbusters. So, here are the top five movies for either a Friday night date or a girl’s night on the town.
1. The Amazing Spider-Man (July 3): Peter Parker holds the key to my heart. Yes, Batman is my favorite superhero, but Peter Parker is my favorite secret identity. On July 3rd, Spider-Man returns without whiny Tobey Maguire as the lead. This is a new twist on the tale as we finally get to see Gwen Stacy on the big screen. Why can I not wait until this movie comes out? Because it’s Andrew Garfield (swoon) + Emma Stone (girl crush alert) + Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man = the date night movie to see.
2. The Dark Knight Rises (July 20): Why wasn’t this number one, you ask? Because I’m wary of Nolan’s choice for Catwoman and I know the sad story of Bane and Batman. I won’t want the credits to roll because it will be the end of a great series. After Harry Potter’s wrap-up last year, I’m not sure I’m ready for the Dark Knight series to end.
3. Brave (June 22): Pixar knows how to bring a female hero to life. Not only is she a redhead heroine (what? I wish I had red hair. Don’t we all?), but she has a lovely Scottish brogue. Archery is sure to be the summer camp activity of choice after The Hunger Games and Brave.
3. The Bourne Legacy (August 3): You had me at Jeremy Renner. Don’t worry, this isn’t an attempt to replace Matt Damon, because he’s irreplaceable. This is the story of another CIA operative who had his life change because of the Jason Bourne events.
5. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (June 22): It’s an election year! Too bad neither Romney nor Obama can list “vampire hunter” as why you should vote for them. It wouldn’t be summer without a vampire movie, and this one comes with a twist. It looks like top hats will be more common in this film than glittery skin and sulking teenagers (thank goodness).
If you like HGTV Design Star and What I Like About You, you love this news. Jennie Garth has been spotting flirting and dating Antonio Ballatore. May seem like an odd couple, but Antonio seems like a pretty awesome guy. (UsMagazine.com)
Here’s a new daily entry for our “In the Know.” Who doesn’t like seeing cute things? I hope this will brighten your day and keep you smiling. If you start getting negative or pessimistic come back to the page for a pick-me-up.